Gothenburg Health's Senior Life Solutions program, an intensive outpatient group counseling program, is designed to meet the unique needs of older adults over the age of 65 struggling with symptoms of depression and anxiety often related to aging.
If you or someone you know has recently experienced any of the following, this program might be right for you:
- Recently experienced a traumatic event
- Lost a spouse or close family member
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Changes in appetite
- Difficulty sleeping or changes in sleep patterns
- Loss of energy
- Feelings of sadness or grief lasting more than two weeks
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
Following an individual assessment, participants meet three times per week in a supportive, encouraging group setting.
The program staff includes a board-certified psychiatrist, licensed social workers, a registered nurse, and other professionals dedicated to the emotional well-being of the seniors in our community.
Anyone can refer an individual to the program including, family members, physicians, or other health professionals.
If you are wondering if this program may be right for you, click here to take an online “check your mood” quiz. All information provided in this quiz is anonymous.
For more information about Senior Life Solutions, call 308-537-1030